NX CAD Advanced Processes
01/14/2019 - 01/18/2019 in Chicago, IL
- Software/Version: NX 12.0
- User Level: Intermediate
- Cost: $2,120
- Duration: 5 Days
The Advanced Processes course is designed to propel students further up the efficiency curve. As a second-tier course, Advanced Processes builds on the tools you deployed as a result of attending the NX CAD Fundamental Workflows course. The real-world experience of the Siemens instructors aids students in transferring knowledge gained through this single course to their job resulting in faster time to productivity.
At the completion of the Advanced Processes class, the student will be able to develop complex parametric solid and assembly models. This task-based process course focuses the student on productive modeling techniques that capture design intent in the context of the Master Model. These concepts can be applied in the real world of product development and collaboration. As with each course developed and taught by Siemens PLM Software professionals, this class reinforces our in-depth knowledge of the software's capabilities and instructs the students based on the underlying principles incorporated within the NX product suite. This class was designed to increase the productivity of the student, teaching the necessary skills to accomplish the following:
- Apply advanced sketch constraints to capture design intent
- Use basic surfacing techniques to build parts
- Develop models to support manufacturing processes
- Translate and modify non-parametric model data
- Use top-down assembly modeling techniques to establish interpart relationships
- Build assembly configurations using arrangements
Who Should Attend?
This course is for designers, engineers, and CAD/CAM managers who need to create parametric solid models that capture design intent.
- CAD Fundamental Processes (TRCT2205-TC)
- Successful completion of Designing parts in NX Advisor on Learning Advantage (score >70%). Learning Advantage courses can also be used to prepare for the prerequisite assessment.
Provided Course Materials
- Access to online Student Guide through Learning Advantage
- Access to course activities through Learning Advantage
Primary Course Topics
- Modeling basic parts using surfacing techniques
- Controlling design intent using conditional formulas
- Adding advanced features to molded and cast parts
- Starting a model using imported CAD data
- Building parts with duplicate geometry
- Displaying and analyzing assembly structures
- Modeling parts in the context of an assembly
- Linking geometry between related component parts
- Creating expression links between parts
- Preparing models for down-stream manufacturing processes
- Duplicating components using patterns
- Working with and defining reusable part data
- Cloning assembly structures
- Editing and revising assembly structures
- Configuring an assembly using arrangements
After you register, Geometric Solutions will contact you within 24 business hours with further details.
|Event End Date||01-18-2019|