NX CAD Mold Wizard Fundamental Processes
03/18/2019 - 03/20/2019 in Chicago, IL
- Software/Version: NX 12.0
- User Level: Intermediate
- Cost: $1,345
- Duration: 3 Days
Through the Mold Wizard Fundamental Processes course, expert NX tool designers will acquire the skills to significantly reduce mold design lead time using Mold Wizard automation. The curriculum mimics common tasks used in mold construction and is reinforced using hands-on activities
Who Should Attend?
Plastic injection mold designers & product design engineers who create plastic injection mold tooling using the Mold Wizard software application.
- NX CAD Advanced Processes -or- NX CAD FastStart for Experienced 3D CAD Users
- Successful completion of Intermediate Design and Assemblies Advisor on the Learning Advantage (score >70%). Learning Advantage courses can also be used to prepare for the prerequisite assessments.
- Have a basic understanding of plastic injection mold design
- Working knowledge of NX Assemblies and interpart modeling
- CAD Surface Modeling Processes (TRCT2225-TC)
Provided Course Materials
- Access to online Student Guide through Learning Advantage
- Access to course activities through Learning Advantage
Primary Course Topics
- Overview of Mold Design User Interface
- Validating parts and using EasyFill
- Beginning a mold design project
- Creating moldable features that are retained after product updates
- Planning a mold cavity layout
- Creating parting surfaces and shut-off geometry
- Using parting tools to split core and cavity models
- Defining mold bases using libraries
- Adding ejector pins, core pins, sub-inserts, and hardware using the Standard Parts Library
- Designing cooling circuits
- Cutting mold base pockets using standard parts
- Defining a Bill of Material and an assembly drawing
- Optional: Creating a family mold
After you register, Geometric Solutions will contact you within 24 business hours with further details.
|Event End Date||03-20-2019|