Welcome to NX 12
The latest release of NX 12 provides innovative solutions to the next generation of challenges you will encounter in your product design, development, and manufacturing. Robust and powerful, NX 12 delivers advanced technologies in a single, multidisciplinary platform. It preserves best-in-class customer deployment readiness and builds on the productivity and stability achieved in the previous release.
The following improvements to this powerful technology bolster NX's standing as the design tool of choice, empower engineers to be more productive, enable more realistic and efficient CAE workflows than ever before, and enable a new level of production efficiency on the shop floor.
- Removes barriers to innovation.
- Invites engineers to tap into their full creative potentials and devise quick, optimal design solutions.
- Includes hundreds of end-user enhancements to increase productivity.
- Improves concurrent working methods by employing simultaneous display of multiple windows.
- Upgrades major enhancements introduced in NX 11, such as Convergent Modeling™.
- Supports generative design workflow with refined tools that allow direct manipulation of scanned or optimized facet geometry.
- Facilitates intelligent blending of electronic and electrical design with mechanical design through an integration of NX 12 with Mentor Graphics Capital.
- Addresses the increasing adoption of additive manufacturing.
- Combines advanced tools with traditional modeling methods for designing lightweight parts.
- Reinforces new capabilities with custom design validation checkers.
- Delivers a unified, scalable, open, and extensible environment for 3D simulation based on the NX platform.
- Revolutionizes how simulation engineers can help drive design direction and predict product performance.
- Provides new solutions, such as topology optimization powered by NX Nastran
- Supports seamless integration with NX Convergent Modeling™
- Allows designers and advanced analysts to generate and explore new design concepts quickly.
- Expands and integrates an impressive array of new technologies that build on LMS technologies for acoustics, structural, and motion analyses
- Broadens support for nonlinear solutions to include multi-step and dynamic nonlinear solutions.
- Introduces new capabilities in motion, thermal, flow, and pre/post, as well as enhancements in discipline – and industry-specific – modeling and post-processing.
- Adaptive milling combined with a new high-speed roughing method, significantly reduces machining time while extending cutting tool life.
- New 5-axis tube milling provides built-in expertise and efficiency for roughing and finishing narrow hollow features, including ports on engine blocks and shrouded blisks.
- Achieves high-volume production of complicated parts with many features.
- New NX Machining Line Planner integrated with NX CAM enables distribution, balancing, programming, and simulation of operations over multiple setups and machines.
- New and robust additive manufacturing capabilities drive a wide range of 3D printer types, including HP Multi Jet Fusion printers.
- Easily creates complex support geometries and capabilities for automated 3D nesting.
- Facilitates the application of additive manufacturing for industrial production.
For more information about these and other enhancements, see the What's New Guide included with the NX 12 help.