The unmatched power, versatility and flexibility of NX frees your design teams to choose the most productive approach for each individual task. At the same time, they can seamlessly interchange among techniques such as wireframe, surface, solid parametric or direct modeling.
Create and edit geometry with unparalleled speed and ease using the synchronous technology of NX. It’s so versitle, you can even apply the technology to models created on other CAD systems.
The power, perfomance levels, and capacities of NX’s assembly design tools enable you to work interactively in full assembly context. Tools such as assembly navigation, multi-CAD mockup, interference analysis, and path planning accelerate assembly design and improve quality even within the most complex modeling situations.
Process-specific modeling tools included in NX outperform general purpose CAD tools for specialized design tasks, such as sheet metal design, weld design and electrical and mechanical routing.
Accelerate design and standardize engineering processes with the design templates that come in NX. Quickly create templates of your own from existing models and easily reuse them with new designs. Templates can also be used for simulation, drafting, validation and other engineering best practices.
- Design time reduced by more than 30 percent.
- New product introductions increase.
- Team productivity improves through reuse.
- Data from other CAD systems seamlessly incorporated.
- Designs more efficiently validated against product requirements
- Visual analytics lead to smarter design decisions.
NX is the most powerful design software I’ve ever used. The solid models, the assemblies, all of the things that come together in the modeling aspect produce better results.
- Chad Schwartz, Lead Design Engineer, Wright Medical Technolog
Integrated Industrial Design
The power and versitility of NX lie within its ability to completely integrate with NX design, simulation and manufacturing. Moreover, NX delivers all the capabilities of dedicated industrial design systems through its advanced freeform modeling, shape analysis, rendering and visualization tools. For fast and easy shape creation and editing, NX’s versatile integrated toolset combines 2D, 3D, curve, surface, solid, parametric and synchronous modeling. Users have the option to sculpt from basic shapes, or to use reverse engineering to create concept models from physical objects.
You can ensure the integrity, quality and manufacturability of your designs by implementing the shape analysis and validation tools in NX.
Electromechanical product design results from NX’s integration of mechanical, electronic, and electrical designs and processes in a unified solution.
NX tools support collaboration among disciplines from printed circuit board design to mechanical packaging and electrical wiring and harness design. Working concurrently, mechanical, electrical, and control systems designers can deliver high-quality products.
NX’s simulation solutions address all major causes of electromechanical product failure and optimize product performance.
- Optimization of form, fit and function.
- Quicker creation of freeform shapes and iterate concepts.
- Preservation of design intent from concept through production.
- Integration of mechanical and electrical disciplines and processes.
- Improvement of ECAD/MCAD information exchange.
- Acceleration of development and lowering costs with concurrent development processes.
Drafting and Documentation
NX capabilities includes powerful tools for 2D design, layout, drafting, annotation and documentation.
NX’s highly productive tools are optimized for 2D and hybrid 2D/3D workflows. Result? Quickly and efficiently create 2D layouts and engineering drawings. Built-in drafting standards ensure that drawings comply with national and international drafting standards.
Fully document designs with 3D annotation on your CAD models. Then, reuse the product and manufacturing information in other drawings, validation, manufacturing and other applications.
Visual Analytics and Validation
Quickly synthesize information, check designs for compliance with requirements, and make better-informed decisions with the visual product analytics and design validation tools in NX.
3D design benefits from NX’s blend of critical product, business and program information. The high-definition visual reporting readily answers questions about project status, design changes, team responsibilities, issues, problems, cost, suppliers and other attributes.
Continuously monitor your designs for adherence to standards and requirements with the automated validation feature of NX. Additionally, ensure product quality, eliminate errors, and optimize designs for performance and manufacturability with NX validation checking.
- Accelerates drawing creation and maintenance.
- Ensures drawing accuracy and compliance.
- Increases productivity and quality via 3D annotation.
- Enhances design via visual reporting of critical information.
- Interprets data quickly and accurately.
- Improves decision-making.
- Automatically monitors designs for compliance with standards and requirements.
We have no limitation on shape, which is vital to a designer. We are not forced to adapt our design to the tool. We can visualize what the final product could be and have it validated by all the groups involved in the development process, from marketing to manufacturing.
- Mathias Allély, Founder, Keyox
Knowledge Reuse Capabilities
Meet higher cost-cutting targets and time-to-market deadlines through NX’s ability to capture, manage, locate and reuse a broad range of design information.
A built-in library serves as a centralized repository for models, templates, standard parts, features and other design elements. To include previously used objects in new designs, designers can simply locate what they need and use drag-and-drop techniques.
You can rapidly locate and reuse 3D data using NX’s ability to integrate with Teamcenter and Geolus® Search software. Navigate through classification hierarchies and search for reusable design information by attribute or shape.
Design Productivity Tools
Additional tools and technologies move NX beyond design and help you maximize speed, productivity and efficiency in product development.Communicate, collaborate and exchange data with customers and suppliers, even if they are using different CAD systems.
Extend and tailor software capabilities to your specific needs with the available NX Open programming and customization tools.
The robust content migration tools in NX mitigate the time, effort, and risk involved in transferring information from other systems and enable you to quickly and efficiently leverage your investment in legacy product data.
- Capture, manage, find and reuse design information quickly and easily.
- Reduce development time, cost, and effort dramatically.
- Reduce time to market for product variations.
- Communicate and collaborate easily with partners, customers and suppliers.
- Automate processes and extend capabilities with programming and customization.