Tecnomatix® Variation Analysis software (VSA) is a powerful tool for dimensional analysis. By simulating manufacturing and assembly processes, it predicts the amounts and causes of variation. It helps reduce the negative impacts of variation on cost, the quality of product dimensions, and time-to-market. With its foundation within the Teamcenter® software lifecycle visualization suite Variation Analysis provides users the capabilities to leverage their digital prototyping and visualization capabilities in both mockup and professional purposes.
Perfect Fit and Function from the Get Go
Variation Analysis creates a 3D prototype that simulates the production build process. Within the digital prototype, users will find a comprehensive representation of geometry, product variation (tolerances), assembly process variation (sequence, assembly attachment definition, tooling), and measurements. Use this model to predict any assembly build problems before making any physical parts or cutting any tooling. Pinpoint root causes of build problems and optimize the design, tolerances and assembly process early in the product development process.
Production Snags Caught Early
With Variation Analysis, design flaws can be caught before committing to tooling. Users identify dimensional problems early in the design cycle, thus avoiding assembly build and quality issues resulting from excessive variation.
Reporting the Easy Way
Reporting results from dimensional analysis is now easier than ever. Variation Analysis Reporter, is an add-on for Tecnomatix® Variation Analysis software. VA Reporter, simplifies the reporting of real-time, root-cause analysis for identified production build problems, ensuring a time-saving, straightforward solution for your needs. Learn more here.
Identifies Major Variations Villains
Variation Analysis identifies major contributors to variation: critical dimensional, tolerance and assembly processes. These areas have a significant effect on product quality; therefore, they warrant careful monitoring.
Variation Analysis improves product quality and accelerates time-to-market, two key factors in reducing cost. Another way to reduce costs is to maximize allowable part tolerances while still controlling critical assembly dimensional specifications. Doing so helps users to minimize scrap, rework and warranty defects. Variation Analysis offers features you need in order to produce significantly improved product quality that ensures parts fit and work together properly the first time.
- Identifies dimensional problems from excessive variation early in the design cycle, reduces the need for engineering changes
- Produces a 3D model that clearly Identifies and quantifies variation causes and contributors
- Offers the ability to create feature-based models before geometry is available, thus helping to drive the design before parts are made or tooling is cut
- Analyzes assemblies with thousands of parts in a graphically rich, CAD-neutral environment
- Identifies problems contributing to variation and performs quick what-if analyses to optimize tolerances, design and the assembly process
- Manages analyses and results in Teamcenter
- Uses a variety of tolerancing methodologies, including GD&T to apply variation
- Determines if assembly processes are either constrained too much or too little by leveraging the powerful ConJoin assembly solver.
- Links with finite element analysis results to Incorporate component flexibility
- Generates a variety of graphic reports tied to 3D geometry for an individual measurement or a group of measurements
- Uses the industry standard JT data format to extract and validate PMI from various authoring sources
- Delivers real-time root-cause analyses of production build problems