Increased Planning Productivity
- Reuses certified processes and reduces capital equipment costs by capturing and managing operations within a singular source of manufacturing know-how.
- Detects and eliminates production system problems that may occur during production build-up that require corrective measures that consume both time and resources.
- Reduces time, effort, and relative costs required for the planning of assembly tasks.
- Uses the sharing and analyzing of information within a digital environment to provide insights into process development stages and their impacts.
- Fosters positive customer interactions by streamlining communications in the provision of fast and factually-based decision-making.
- Optimized Manufacturing Productivity
- Increases planning accuracy and efficiency, thus minimizing capital investment and maximizing long-term returns on investment.
- Provides tools for the analysis of product manufacturability and process development, thus decreasing time needed to achieve volume production.
- Maximizes the positive effects of logistics and performance on total production systems.
- Uses know-how from a variety of disciplines and disparate departments to both catalyze product innovations and to determine the most efficient utilization of resources that will lead to maximizing process optimization.
Increased Plant Productivity
Strengthens program information availability to all levels of the enterprise – from executive to plant floor personnel. Promotes transparency to issues relative to product and operational quality, thus decreasing launch time through increased plant capacities and material cost controls. Uses product commonization and reuse policies to reduce capital investment.
Single Source for Alignment and Accountability
- Validates assembly and manufacturability to achieve more rapid design and process team feedback.
- Uses BOM/BOP configurations and management to reduce errors in the determination that all product components have been accounted for and aligned.
- Ensures synchronized timing in workflow operations by coordinating workflow processes through global collaboration and communication operations within the supply chain networks.
- Ensures that timing is synchronized throughout the global supply chain by optimizing in-context collaboration and communication of workflow.
Optimize Performance & Leverage “Best Practice” processes
- Uses master process and operation templates to identify and apply best-in-class processes that will lead to a possible 40% savings in process development time.
- Achieves from 20-to-80% reuse of certified manufacturing processes within the first year alone.
- Achieves optimum value added content by significantly reducing and even eliminating production disruptions caused by manufacturing shop floor problems.
- Uses virtual commissioning to significantly reduce time-to-volume ratios up to 80% through the optimization of manufacturing lines.
Managed Environment for Safety and Ergonomics
- Reduces job-related injuries, thus decreasing corporate liabilities and relative costs.
- Ensures safe working conditions through the integration of ergonomic simulation and validation into the development process.
- 3D Factory Design and Visualization
- Compared to traditional 2D design methods, achieves an up to 50% reduction in factory design time, beginning from conceptualization and up through installation.
- Identifies design flaws and any problematic issues early in the creation phase, rather than allowing them to appear later during installation, thus reducing 15% of tooling and equipment changes.
- Factory Logistics Analysis and Optimization
- Analyzes cost, time, and travel distances of multiple factory configurations, thus reducing material handling costs up to 70%.
- Analyzes and evaluates material requirements, container sizes, and container stacking criteria, as well as ingress/egress guidelines, thus allowing for space utilization optimization in both plant and truck transportation operations.
Factory Production Throughput Simulation
- Reduces throughput time by 20-60% through the inclusion of internal and external supply chains, production resources, and working systems into analysis processes.
- Uses easily interpreted statistical analysis to achieve a 15-20% productivity amelioration in existing systems.
- Detects and eliminates problems prior to system installation, thus achieving a 5-20% drop in new system costs.
- Evaluates alternate line control strategies and synchronizes both assembly lines and sub-lines, thus achieving a 20-60% reduction in inventories.