The manufacture of products that meet quality requirements, requires significant investments in inspection and measurement processes, technology, and equipment. Whether a single-plant supplier or a large multi-national OEM, each manufacturing company that endeavors to accelerate volume production, understand market trends, and rapidly intervene in cases of non-conformant operations, must also use these investments in the most efficient manner possible to identify trends and root cause for non-conformance.
Despite this, many quality departments continue to divert too much of their valuable time to processes involved in collecting, organizing, and reporting on quality data, all of which prevents them from quickly and effectively responding to, or intervening in, production concerns.
Dimensional Planning and Validation (DPV) is a closed-loop system that provides for real-time collection of measured quality data. This data can then be used to automate data collection, organization, and reporting, thus allowing teams to focus on reducing scrap, rework, and scrap, while also providing quality teams with additional time to improve dimensional quality.
Whether the need is directed to either the coordination and management of a global production footprint (DPV Enterprise), or toward simply improving the production of a single plant (DPV Lite), Siemens PLM Software’s DPV solution is designed to deliver significant improvements in product quality while reducing overall quality costs.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Provides enterprise accessibility to quality-based information.
- Reflects responsibility through closed-loop quality planning and traceability.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of “as-built” quality data.
- Captures virtually any information from virtually any device.
- Integrates fully with product, process, resource and plant information.
- Handles large volumes of collected historical reporting information.
- Directly relates market quality trends to production processes.
- Supports web-based platform collaborations.
- Represents a unique analytical toolset.
- Reduces costs related to achieving quality targets.
- Decreases factory downtime and time-to-market.
- Ameliorates end-product quality.
- Bolsters the productivity outputs of inspection equipment.
- Identifies quality trends before they can impact delivery.
- Reduces reworking and repairs by quickly determining non-conformance root causes.
- Includes flexible deployment options ranging from single plant to global-level participators.